Caffeine Side Effects
Look to your health; and if you have it, praise God and value it next to conscience; for health is the second blessing that we mortals are capable of, a blessing money can't buy.
Caffeine is a central nervous system stimulant. It works by stimulating the brain.
Now let's see the caffeine side effects.
few minutes of ingesting caffeine it increases the adrenaline level and
gives a temporary boost. But after sometime one may find feeling
depressed and fatigued.
- It slows the absorption
of adenosine which has a calming effect on the body and one will feel
alert for a short period of time and may have sleeping problems later in
- It increases dopamine level and makes
one feel good for a while, but when it wears off it has the opposite
effect and makes one to feel low.
- Caffeine increases cortisol level which can lead to diabetes and heart disease with continued frequent use(abuse?).
- Caffeine increases heart rate, blood pressure and respiration.
acts as a mild diuretic (tending to increase the discharge of urine).
It causes the body to lose water by having increased urination. This can
lead to dehydration and is the reason why one shouldn't ingest caffeine
products before work outs.
- The frequent urination can also result in elimination of magnesium, iron, calcium, potassium and other minerals.
increases the secretion of hydrochloric acid which leads to the
formation of ulcers in gastrointestinal system. One of the important
caffeine side effects.
- Caffeine can affect the normal sleep pattern and aggravate mood swings.
should be avoided by carrying women and breastfeeding mothers. Caffeine
is transmitted through placenta and through breast milk to the baby.
- Caffeine is addictive in nature and too much caffeine can result in caffeine intoxication. ( nervousness, flushed face, insomnia, intestinal problems, hallucinations, etc )
- Caffeine, in large amounts and over extended periods of time, can lead to caffeinism. Caffeinism is nothing but caffeine dependency with several negative physical and mental conditions.
- Taking caffeine (drinking tea, coffee, etc) can spoil the appetite for nutritious food.
Back to top
From Caffeine Side Effects to Drug Free Living Home
|Having seen all the caffeine side effects it's high time we kick these products out of our diet. |
Like This Page?