Effects of Alcohol and Recovery
To keep the body in good health is a duty... otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.
Now let's see the long term effects of alcohol habit...
- Long term abuse can cause serious liver damage.
- It can affect pancreas and may develop pancreatic cancer.
- Long term use can make one addicted.
- Excessive drinking can result in unconsciousness, poisoning and death in extreme cases.
term use of liquor can damage the central and peripheral nervous
systems which means it's capable of affecting all the organs in the
- Liquor addiction can lead to loss of sex drive and impotence.
- Alcohol consumption during pregnancy is a huge risk and it can cause permanent birth defects in the offspring.
observation states that women, who drink beer regularly, are most
likely to acquire skin diseases like psoriasis. Side effects of alcohol !
|In addition to the above risks there are other important aspects to be considered...|
- Alcohol plays a major role in aggression. For example, domestic violence and violence on the streets.
- Employees with liquor issues are less productive and take more sick leaves.
- Drunken driving, accidents and death of innocent people - daily news nowadays :-(
- Many families and bonds were ripped apart due to the habit of drinking.
Having known all these facts it's high time to give up drinking. One caution...people experience withdrawal symptoms
when they stop drinking. These symptoms include anxiety, stomach sickness, sweating and trembling.
Options are there to undergo detoxification programs
. There are good alcohol & drug rehabs
and detox centers
in all the cities.
Alcoholics Anonymous (AA)
is a group of men and women who share their experiences, strength and hope with each other. They try to solve their common problems and help others to recover from alcoholism.
Finally one myth-buster about drinking...
Somehow drinking is associated with creativity.
Many think that one will become creative if he/she drinks. This is not at all true.
To become more creative just try this out...
Back to topFrom Effects of Alcohol and Recovery to Drug Free Living Home
|Go to bed early, get up early in the morning, drink enough water, do stretching & jogging / brisk walking, complete toilet & bath routines, do Yoga & Pranayama, take a balanced diet, start early & avoid mad traffic, work with dedication, maintain right posture, practise Meditation, live in tune with the nature, don't take alcohol - then healthy creative thoughts flow naturally like a fountain and they are much more powerful.|
Like This Page?